This site was begun with the help of our sponsors in January, 2005.
The original site was overrun with spam and was too labor intensive to maintain.
We hope to make this new website a place where old friends can visit and reminisce about our great school.
In addition to the main site, each class has it's own sub-site with news, announcements and information by and for your class.
Join us for our website pre-launch on April xx, 2011 at XXXXXXXXX.
We will be showing off the new site and discussing ways to solicit donations to allow us to provide the type of site that will preserve the memory of our once great school.
During the early years of the 1920's the need was felt for a high school to serve the rapidly growing Country Club District. Consequently in early 1925, the ground was broken on a portion of the old Armour farm, and Southwest began to take shape. In the fall of the same year, students entered the sweltering, newly-built and, as yet, far from hallowed halls of Southwest High School.
The building consisted of only that portion of the present building that faces Wornall Road, exclusive of the north wing, and possessed few of the advantages known by most of us. When assemblies were held, the students sat on the floor of the make-shift gymnasium on the site of the present auditorium. There was no cafeteria and tables were set up on the fourth floor hall. Throughout the fall, classes were conducted to the buzzing of saws and the pounding of hammers.